Sustainability is in our DNA. We are conscious that the natural environment we operate in is an essential part of our business and because of that we take special care to use resources responsibly, reducing impact as much as possible.
We are a trustworthy and transparent neighbor. Not only are we committed to our clients we are focused on supporting our rural communities as well, developing opportunities for those who work directly or indirectly together with Mar Andino. This is achieved through a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) model designed to improve the quality of life of our people in the Sierra area of the Andes Mountains.
- Which is why we have made sure to deliver on all the commitments we have made to the local community:
- We generate work opportunities in the communities where we operate” More than 90% of collaborators belong to local communities.
- We are pioneers in the inclusion of women in our workforce, promoting gender equity and equal pay.
- Support for health and educational projects:
- In the Choclococha community we support a daycare that serves the children of collaborators and service providers where people from the community participate in the education of the children while their parents work. Children from 1 to 4 years old attend.
- We support the Punrun school with Wi-Fi service giving the children access to online education.
- We contributed solar panels in order to generate energy for the internet connection.
- We support the local livestock industry supplying our neighbors with vaccines for alpacas.
- We support local industry:
- We carry out education and training programs for companies from the local service area making hiring local providers a priority
- .WE are SMETA certified giving us access to best practices and business ethics.
Our high standards speak for themselves!
Prestigious globally recognized certifications speak to our commitment to best practices in business development.
Environmentally we are committed to not using antibiotics, antiparasitics and toxic substances that alter the ecosystem of our lakes. Similarly our feeding mechanisms assure minimum food waste and efficient processes.
¡We are ASC Certified!
Committed to the industries highest standards to guarantee the preservation of the environment, biodiversity and water resources as well as deliver quality working conditions for our collaborators while respecting local communities.
¡We are the world’s First Trout Company with 4-Star BAP Certification!
Our commitment to best practices has led us to certify our entire value chain: Cultivation centers, processing plants and feeding systems.
BRC Certification (British Retail Consortium) Our commitment to guarantee the security, integrity, legality and quality of our products.